Schedule of Events
Get Ready to Run St. Patrick’s Day!
Schedule of Events
- Thursday, March 10: stay tuned for more details
- Friday, March 11: stay tuned for more details!
- 6:15am: Bib Pickup Opens outside San Pedro Square market at the corner of West St. John and San Pedro St. A $10 convenience fee applies for day-of bib pickup, please read below for more information and arrive early to lessen your wait time.
- 7:55am: National Anthem
- 7:56am: Wheelchair Start
- 8:00am: 10K & 5K Start
- 8:30am: O’Flaherty’s Irish Pub & Five Points post-race party opens
- 10:00am: Leprechaun Kids Run
You’ll need a race bib to join us at the San Jose Shamrock Run starting line. We have three options for you:
- FREE Bib Pickup – ’22 Locations TBD
- Bib Mailing – If you purchased the mail my bib option during registration you’ll receive your bib during Race Week. Your finisher shirt will be available for pickup at the finish line on race day.
- Day of Bib Pickup – Pick up your bib Saturday morning for a $10 convenience fee. You may purchase this option during registration or provide payment on-site beginning at 6:15am near the starting line. Please arrive early to lessen your wait time
Can’t make it race day and need to transfer to the Remote Option? Transfers must be completed by Thursday, March 10. Remote Runners do not need to attend bib pickup. All race items will be mailed to you after the event. Learn more on our Remote Runner page. Please bring your ID or race confirmation email to pick-up your bib. If you need somebody else to pick up your bib, please give them a copy of your ID or race confirmation email.
EVENT T-SHIRT: Your 2022 San Jose Shamrock Run t-shirt will be available Thursday, Friday or Saturday.
If you received your bib in the mail, your t-shirt will be waiting for you after you finish the race on Saturday.
Parking & Getting to the Shamrock Run Start Line
There multiple paid garages, lots and street parking options available in the downtown San Jose area. Make race day a little more fun and carpool or save yourself the worry of parking and take public transportation. We have links to some resources below.
Please note: If you park in the Market & San Pedro Garage you must enter and exit on Market St as the North San Pedro St. will be closed for the event.
Please be nice to the SJPD closing roads, it’s for your own safety.
For detailed road closure information click here.
VTA OPTIONS: This bus rules, take it. Don’t know which route can get you to and from the Start & Finish Line? VTA makes it easy with their route searches and maps.
- For more information, visit: www.vta.org/getting-around/maps/busrail-map
UPS SWEAT CHECK: We will once again have a UPS Sweat Check at the starting line to accept your sweats, gear, and unmentionables. Ensure you have time to check your goods, so show up early and look for the signs for UPS Sweat/Gear Check.
Shamrock Run Starting Line
The race starts at 8:00am (7:56am for wheelchairs). Check out the Shamrock Run 10K & 5K page for a detailed RunGo course map.
Follow parking instructions; drop off your sweats, use one of the portos, and get ready to ShamROCK.
Shamrock Run Course Info
COURSE TIME LIMIT: While all levels of runners and walkers are welcome at the Shamrock Run they will need to maintain a 17 min mile pace to make the cut-off. Runners & walkers will be asked to use the sidewalk, abide by traffic laws, and continue to the finish line which will be open until 10:00am.
For a detailed course map please visit the 10K & 5K event details page. Pro-tip – with the RunGo app you can download our course map to follow along as you enjoy your stroll through downtown San Jose!
Leprechaun Kids Race
The Leprechaun Kids race will be held at San Pedro Square Market and we’ll start lining the kids up at 10:00am and get them off and running by 10:15am.
The little ones will scamper on an out and back, 1/2 mile course through San Pedro Square Market. The event is open to anyone 12 and under. Parents can run, pretend they’re paparazzi, or just bask in the glow of their children having fun doing something healthy. Learn more on our Leprechaun Kids Run page.
O’Flaherty’s Irish Pub & Five Points Post Race Party
A St. Patrick’s Day run wouldn’t be complete without a pub, some brews, good people and cheer. Join us at O’Flaherty’s or Five Points where you’ll also enjoy St. Patty’s Day live entertainment. Stick around and cheer on the little leprechauns before enjoying the rest of your St. Patrick’s Day weekend!